May 26, 2015
SHERATON FRAMINGHAM, 6 PM
Impact of Fiber Laser Technology on the Materials Processing Market
VP INDUSTRIAL MARKETS
Register on this page below
Members: $40 Non-Members: $45
April 1, 2015: Alan Davis, President, Capenet LLC
Nov. 19, 2014: The New Hampshire FastRoads Last Mile Network
jan. 28, 2014: Panel Discussion on Test Equipment for Advanced Network Design.
Editorial director and associate publisher of Lightwave
Hamid Jahani, Ph.D, , Business Development Manager, JGR Optics
He will discuss the optical specifications requirements for optical networks, and the proposed test standards.
Scott Boyle, Concord Communications / JDSU
Network monitoring, assurance solutions and professional services ensure high quality of experience (QoE) for voice, data, messaging, & multimedia services over both fiber & wireless networks.
Michael Scholten, Senior Product Marketing Manager, AFL’s NOYES Test & Inspection division.
What is unique about testing PON & live PON networks; what is the difference between troubleshooting & certifying new fiber networks.
October 16, 2013: APPLICATIONS FOR DWDM
Service providers seeking to optimize their fiber plant and reduce construction and infrastructure costs have often looked to WDM (Wave Division Multiplexing) solutions to make the most of the fibers they have in place. In addition, the ability to multiplex multiple services on fewer fibers is a benefit when leasing or paying for fiber runs.
May 2, 2013: New Fiberoptic Connector Technologies
Improving Link Reliability with New Expanded Beam Technology by Jerome Farnan, Winchester Electronics
Fiber Optic Connectors with FBG-Based Identification System by Mark Graf, Diamond USA
Program included the NEFC annual scholarship awards
March 6, 2013: Connecting Wireless to the Wired Network
Presentation by Russ Schomber, VP Network Services for Backhaul Services Group
September 18, 2012: Opportunities in Broadband Expansion in New England
Publick House, Sturbridge, MA – PRESENTATIONS FOLLOWED BY A PANEL DISCUSSION
Jointly sponsored by the New England Fiberoptic Council and Broadband Communities Magazine, this event brought in a packed house with 50 attendees and some great discussions…
MONICA WEBB, Chair of the Executive Committee for WiredWest, a municipal cooperative of over 40 towns in Western Mass. WiredWest is working with state and local organizations to build a financially sustainable, state-of-the-art fiber-optic network to serve everyone in this area.
PETER d’ERRICO, Chair of the Leverett Broadband Committee. Leverett MA is building a Municipal Fiber-to-the-Home (and other buildings) system.
ROBERT LEAVER, Consultant with New Commons, a think tank that focuses on fiber optic systems serving community anchor institutions.
DR. TIMOTHY NULTY, Project Director for ECFiber, a consortium of 23 Vermont towns building a universal FTTHome network in rural central VT.
STEVE ROSS – our moderator – Corporate Editor for Broadband Communities, a leading source of information on digital and broadband technologies for buildings and communities
February 7, 2012: New Market Opportunities for Photonics and Fiber Optics Companies
See info and photos from that event – Click Here
June 3, 2013
Westford Regency Hotel and Conference Center – Westford, MA
9:00am – 4:00pm
To be held in conjunction with symposia on Telecom and other applications for fiber optics – see more details below.
This year, FiberFest is 100% free to attend. Walk the show, listen to the speakers, network with others in the fiberoptics industry… and pay nothing.
We will be giving away a wi-fi enabled tablet at FiberFest this year. Here is how to register to win:
- Register to attend – click the green ‘Attendee Registration’ button below
- Sign in when you get to the event – get a name tag and confirm your contact information
- This confirms your entry into our tablet drawing
- The winner will be drawn at the end of the show – 4pm. You do NOT have to be present to win, so come any time. We will contact the winner if he/she is not present.
NEW BROADBAND PRODUCTS & APPLICATIONS, OLANS and MEDICAL MARKETS
Director, Mass. Broadband Institute
Director Dumont will present a Mass Broadband123 network project update on the current status and future plans.
Corporate Editor, Broadband Communities Magazine
Mr. Ross will speak about fiber trends in broadband – MDU buildings are a hot deployment opportunity. Hear about where the real action is and what is driving it.
Senior Analyst CRU Group
Where is all that fiber going? Mr. Fay will give us a snapshot of the fiber optic cable market.
Entrepreneur Editor, OCT News
An Overview of Optical Coherence Tomography
President, The Fiber Optic Association
OLANs – Optical LANS – The New Architecture For Premise Networks
Director of Marketing – Arris
Passive Optical LANs and their applications for hospitals
FiberFest 2013 Exhibitor Listing
(as of 5/2/13)
- NextGen Telecom Services www.ngengroup.com
- Century Fiber Optics www.centuryfiberoptics.com
- Test-Rep Associates www.testrep.com
- JGR Optics www.jgroptics.com
- Adva Optical Networking www.advaoptical.com
- Concord Communications Associates www.ccairep.com
- Stellar Industries www.stellarind.com
- Fibernext www.fibernext.com
- Fiberon Technologies www.fiberon.com
- Lighthouse Technical Sales www.lighthouserep.com
- Optimark Fiber Optics www.optimark-fiber.com
- Fiber Optic Center www.focenter.com
- G4S Technology www.g4stechnology.com
- Multilink www.gomultilink.com
- Promet International www.promet.net
- The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
- Flylight Media www.flylightmedia.com
- Concord Communications Associates www.ccairep.com
- QuadOptics www.quadoptics.com
- Prysmian Group www.olson-marketing.com
- IPEX USA www.olson-marketing.com
- Sticklers Cleaners www.olson-marketing.com
- Fiber Connections www.fiberc.com
- Metachem Resins Corp www.mereco.com
- Winchester Electronics www.winchesterelectronics.com
- New England Board of Higher Education www.nebhe.org/programs
- Mississauga Training www.fiberoptictraining.com
- Three Rivers Community College www.trcc.commnet.edu
- GSR Global www.gsrusa.net
- Matrix Design www.matrixdg.com
- Krell Technologies www.krelltech.com
- Coastal Connections www.coastalcon.com
- Lightel www.lightel.com
- Calix www.calix.com
- Thin-Films Research www.thinfilmsresearch.com